This introductory course is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries.
It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
The certificate you gain is valid for 5 years. It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years.
This course is a requirement for anyone trying to obtain their CSCS Labourer Card.
*This is a 1 day training course.
**Lunch will not be provided for weekend courses.
- This course will last for 1 Day
- The maximum number of delegates for this course is 14
- The fee for this course is £120 + VAT including publications, certifications and refreshments
- This course will be held in our training suite located in Rainham, Essex RM13 8RH.
The course will cover the following content:
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
You will be assessed the following ways:
- Multiple-choice test
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid form ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.