This course is a refresher of the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full 5 day course.
*This is a 2 day training course commencing from your chosen course date.
- This course will last for 2 Days
- The maximum number of delegates for this course is 14
- The fee for this course is £295 + VAT including publications, certification and refreshments
- This course will be held in our training suite located in Rainham, Essex RM13 8RH.
The course will cover the following content:
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
You will be assessed the following ways:
- Continuous assessment – You need to attend the full days.
- Multiple-choice test
To be able to take part in this course you must compile to the following requirements:
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate expires.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- A copy of your current SMSTS certificate must be provided for verification prior to your attendance on the course.