The Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – Refresher
£750 + VAT plus £92 per person for publications and certification.
This Course is eligible for the CITB Grant
This is a one-day refresher of our full Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course. Taking this course renews your SSSTS certificate. It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full 2-day course.
A copy of your current SSSTS certificate will need to be verified prior to your attendance on a course. This will be requested upon booking.
*This is a 1 day training course.
- This course will last for 1 Day
- The maximum number of delegates for this course is 14
- The fee for this course is £160 + VAT including publications, certification and refreshments
The course will cover the following content:
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
You will be assessed the following ways:
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend all 7.5 hours.
- Multiple-choice test
- A valid SSSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate expires.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
The course is normally held on client’s premises, and delivered specifically for their employees. If required, the course can be held at M.E.L. (Health & Safety) Consultants premises at no additional cost. Travel and accommodation costs may be charged additionally if the location is outside South East England.